Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Changeover


For those of you who have been followers of this blog, I am writing to give a heads up about the new name and look.

Previously, this blog was entitled "The Third Act", named after my first screenwriting book, and it was focused almost exclusively on screenwriting and movies. For now, all those previous posts remain on the blog, in the archive, for all to read. However, my professional focus has shifted and so too has the subject matter of this blog.


First of all, I have re-named it, simply, "Drew Yanno's blog". Catchy, I know. My decision has to do with my move away from an exclusive concentration on screenwriting and movies and toward my recently released novel, as well as the one that is in the pipeline after that.

That doesn't mean that I have given up on screenwriting. Rest assured that I still consult, instruct and will continue to write about screenwriting and film. However, I will also write about my own novels, as well as the books of other fiction writers I've read and admired. Or not, as the case may be.

My novel is scheduled to be released in March of this year, and I will be posting updates here as the time approaches. In the Matter of Michael Vogel is a small town murder mystery set in upstate New York in the summer of 1966, though there is considerably more going on in the book than solving the crime, stretching the genre a bit.

I had originally intended to write it as a screenplay, but soon realized that the manner in which I wanted to tell the story was more suited to a novel that a screenplay. Since novels were what first made me want to become a writer, I looked at this new venture as coming full circle.

I'll reveal more about the book when it is released, including discussing how the idea came about, as well as my thinking behind the form of story-telling that I chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment